September 18, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!

Today I hit a HOME RUN with a little boy named Brett. Named after George Brett, the Kansas City Royal's claim to fame, Brett was turning 1 and had to have a baseball themed cake. Here's what I came up with:



Brett's mom sent me a picture of a Royals uniform that hangs in Brett's room and I thought to myself... what goes better with a baseball then a personalized jersey?!?! Here's the picture of the uniform in reality and my version in a little smash cake.




The baseball cake was an 8 inch round red velvet cake that served 24. The jersey smash cake was a white cake that served exactly 1 little boy who was turning one! And by serve I mean enough cake for him to smash his tiny fists into and make a huge mess! Perfect for a photo op!



The Kansas City Royals may not have the best record in major league baseball but these fans were extremely happy with this cake. I think I hit it OUT OF THE PARK!

No comments:

Post a Comment