March 27, 2011

Baby Blue and an Elephant Too!


This cake was made for a baby shower and it matched the invitations, well... except for the soccer ball. I'm assuming the parents-to-be are soccer fans. I think it's pretty darn cute for a sheet cake which are not my favorite shapes of cake to make.


Like I said this was a half sheet cake. It was a delicious white cake with chocolate mousse in the middle. It was then iced and decorated with vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream - it's hard to make a good color brown icing without it being chocolate. It went really well with the chocolate mousse so no harm no foul.


Here's that darling "little" elephant from the invitations. He was decorated with dots and stars. Yep, that's right, that's a little soccer ball on the tip of his trunk. I just love his roundness... makes me want to just eat him up! And the good part about that is that he IS edible!


The sides of the cake match the design on the elephant. Sooo cute! It just screams beautiful baby boy, doesn't it?!?! Look at those precious little stars!


I thought of this phrase to go on top of the cake to match the overall theme. It couldn't just say "Congratulations"! It needed something more, something that explained the soccer ball at least a little bit! This phrase fit perfectly! The letters were hand piped onto the cake in a nice arc around the elephant. Again, they were chocolate buttercream... and delicious!


And the baby's name...


The party host, also aunt-to-be, was the one who ordered this deliciously cute cake. When I delivered the cake the tables were covered in baby blues and elephants too! The cake match the party decor perfectly! She loved the cake and hopefully the mommy-to-be loved it too!

"I just wanted to say thanks again for the cake. It was a big hit! I thought it looked great and it tasted awesome also! Everyone loved it." - Heather S.



No comments:

Post a Comment