November 6, 2010

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!

Well how else would it be with a bunch of ninjas on one cake?!?!?!

The beloved Pocket Ninja is a pint-sized master of stealth, born to give stealth hugs to small mammals, snatch candy, cookies and other sweet things from your pockets, and in general be a humble and honorable superstar. Beware his mad ninja skills and obscene level of cute! The recipient of this cake has her own pocket ninja and loves it so why not put some on her birthday cake?

This birthday cake was an 8 inch round cake that serves 24. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling. What a classic combo! The pocket ninjas, ninja rubber duckies, and ninja headband were all made from fondant.

The ninja head band donned a black ninja that kind of looks like an alien, but that's what makes him so deadly, right? The Chinese characters on either side of the ninja are not actual characters and if they are I have no idea what they mean so I'm releasing myself from any fault if I offend or upset anyone! I just piped the characters as if they were real. The headband wraps almost completely around the cake but not quite the whole thing. I wanted the ends to curl out as if they were made from real fabric.


Here is Amy's friend... the pocket ninja. This is a phenomenom that I did not know anything about but apparently it's all the rage. I will admit this little guy is super cute! How can you resist not carrying him around with you wherever you may go?

And to carry on the theme of the ninja-esque cake... how about a bunch of ninja rubber duckies. All of these little guys are outfitted with their own ninja headband and are ready for some super secretive ninja activity!


I hope Amy enjoyed her super ninja-ey birthday cake. I also hope that will all these little ninjas around she does not actually get into a fight because A.) Fighting is not the answer. And B.) These are not ACTUAL ninjas (contrary to popular belief) !!!!!

Happy Birthday Amy!

"You did such a great job on the cake! Everyone loved it, and it was delicious!" -Elaina K.

"Thank you Alicia for making my very own pocket ninja/ninja duck cake. FYI, your ninjas don't travel well in your pocket ;)" -Amy K.




1 comment:

  1. SUPER FABULOUS! The cake was a HUGE hit and was delicious. Would would of thought I could have my pocket ninja and eat it too?

    ReplyDelete