January 19, 2011

And She Lived Happily Ever After!



This cake was for a little girl turning 4 who loves her Disney princesses. Her favorite of course was Cinderella. A dream is a wish your heart makes and Raegan dreamed for a Cinderella cake for her birthday! I can't let down a little girl who aspires to be a princess now can I?!


This cake was a 6 inch chocolate cake with delicious vanilla buttercream icing and filling. It was just the right amount of cake for the family to enjoy while being snowed in! Yes, we had a huge snow storm tonight and Raegan's mom still came to pick up her birthday cake! The things we do for our kids right?!


The image of Cinderella was hand piped buttercream to match an image of Cinderella I had on hand. I wanted to make it look as if she was in a picture frame... mission accomplished (I think at least!). All of the swirls on the top and sides of the cake were also hand piped. I had to make this cake royal AND super girly!


Even though this cake wasn't the biggest cake I've ever made, I still think that it turned out super cute. When Raegan's mom came to pick up the cake, I think she loved it too! I haven't heard back from Raegan herself but I'm sure it was a dream come true for her! Eat your heart out Prince Charming!

"Thanks for making Raegan's birthday a "magical" time; she absolutely loved her Cinderella cake, as did we. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious too :)" - Selena D.



No comments:

Post a Comment