September 19, 2011

Down in the Dumps?

This cake will be sure to perk you right up!


This cake was for a little boy who was turning 5. His mom wanted a dump truck theme and had the idea of doing a 2D dump truck made out of cake. When I shared this with my husband he came up with this brilliant idea. I shared it with my customer and she loved it! She went out and bought the dump truck and brought it to me to fill with cake!


This cake was an 8 inch round chocolate cake carved to fit into a toy dump truck and then carved to look like a pile of dirt. It was then iced in vanilla buttercream tinted brown to match the dirt color. On top of that was a layer of ground up oreo cookies without the filling. I sprinkled the crumbs all over the cake to cover up the icing.


This cake was relatively easy to complete and I love the way it turned out. The dump truck idea was such a good one! Thanks hubby!


I'm sure that in addition to loving the cake the little boy loved his new toy! Of course in order to play with it he had to wait until all the cake was gone and it was washed out.


I really enjoyed making this cake and I think it turned out way better than a 2D dump truck would have. The birthday boy's mom loved it too. I wish I could have seen the look on the birthday boy's face!


Happy birthday Lucas! I hope you loved your cake and your new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment