October 17, 2010

Barnyard Birthday Bonanza!


What's better than a barnyard cake for a little girl who LOVES horses?!?! This cake was for a fabulous little girl who was turning 1 today. Here are the invitations that went out for her party and what I had to match to. I loved the way this cake turned out!


This cake was an 8 inch round chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling. The entire cake was iced and decorated with vanilla buttercream. The technique is called a frozen buttercream transfer and maybe someday I'll share my secret, but for now you can google it! The outline I piped on top of the transfer as well as the red barn in the background.


As you may know every little boy or girl that is turning 1 and orders a party cake from me gets their coordinating smash cake thrown in for free. Here was little Grace's... did I mention she LOVES horses? It was a white cake with vanilla buttercream icing. And once again I used the same technique. Did you notice that this horse is the same horse that is hanging out in the barn with the other animals on the party cake?


The two cakes coordinated very well with each other and looked so cute sitting next to each other. Hopefully I will get some party pics to share as well from Grace's mom, but until then you can go blind looking at these pictures!


"Sooo many compliments on the cakes! Thank you so much. Gracie loved it!" -Shannon D.

No comments:

Post a Comment