October 24, 2010

Pinstriped Party Cake for Michael the Motorcycle Mechanic!


This was ordered for a birthday boy who has MANY hobbies, two of which are working on motorcycles and pinstriping (you can read all about what pinstriping is here). This cake was for a small gathering and was a 6 inch square that served 18 which was more than what they needed.


Each individual piece of the motorcycle and mechanic were cut out and placed in their specific place. Michael the mechanic even has his little blue Converse shoes on.


This was the hardest part of the cake and the most time consuming. I have no idea how to pinstripe ANYTHING let alone a cake! I wanted it to look good for someone who actually did this as a living and a hobby. I hand painted the pinstriping pattern with a dark blue, then accented it with silver. I think I did pretty good for my first try.


I received kudos from both Michael and his girlfriend, Taylor (who was the one who ordered the cake to begin with)! Two compliments for the price of one is always nice to hear!

"Michael loved his cake! Thanks again!" -Taylor B.

"Sooooo sweet!! Best birthday cake ever, and it tasted good too!" -Michael C.


No comments:

Post a Comment